- Host : The organizing committee of the
2014 Incheon World Wheelchair Basketball Championships
- Supervisor : Korea Sports Association for the Disabled,
Korea Wheelchair Basketball Federation
- Sponsor : Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, National
Sports Promotion Foundation, Incheon Metropolitan City,
and the JoongAng Ilbo Daily
- Term : July 5 ~ 14, 2014
- Participant : 500 males from 16 countries
- Venue : Incheon Samsan World Sports Complex,
Incheon Songnim Gymnasium
- Accommodation : Incheon Park Hotel, Sheraton Hotel,
and Bridge Hotel
- The General Meetings of the International Wheelchair Basketball
Federation during the term (91 participating countries)
- The initial number of countries participating in the main game increased from 12 to 16 for the first time.
- 78 countries will participate in the main game after the local preliminaries in North and South Americas, Europe,
Africa and Asia
- Qualifications : 11 top countries of the Paralympics, four local preliminary winners, and the hosting country
- Participating countries in 2014 : Seven European, four American, one African and four Asian and Oceanian
- The IWBF (International Wheelchair Basketball Federation)
was established in 1993.
- Currently, there are 91 member states.
- It hosts the international wheelchair basketball championships.
- Currently, it is chaired by Maureen Orchard from Canada.
The headquarters is located in Canada.
- It has established the official wheelchair basketball rules and
the regulations for classification of the grades.
- It hosts the Wheelchair Basketball World Championships,
U23 World Championships and U25 Women's World
IWBF World Championships
- Wheelchair basketball games every four years
- The first official international general
meeting in 1994
|Game||Host||Participating Country (Number)|
|2010||The United Kingdom||12|
|2014||The Republic of Korea||16|